Does your iPad have a Side Switch next to the volume buttons?
Models: iPad Air, iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3
- If your iPad has a Side Switch try switching it off.
If your iPad does not have a Side Switch
Models: iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2
- Open the Control Centre by swiping up from the bottom edge of any screen.
- Look for the bell icon.
- If it is highlighted either white or red it means that the iPad is muted tap the icon to un-mute the iPad.
If neither of the above have helped
You may need to restart your iPad
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.