Junior front-end developer
This is a great opportunity for a savvy junior front-end developer to grow their skills in a small but growing team of experienced developers and designers.
We operate over 100 websites, a couple of iOS/Android apps, a PC, Mac & Linux desktop app and a suite of music education apps all built with HTML/JS/CSS.
Charanga’s digital product range is comprised of a suite of websites, apps, tools and resources to help both professional music teachers and classroom teachers to teach music.
We’re used in more than 6500 schools in the UK, by tens of thousands of teachers and pupils and are currently expanding into Europe.
Core required skills:
- HTML semantically sensible and accessible markup
- CSS good grasp of the cascade and specificity
- Responsive understanding of issues and techniques
- Familiarity with maintainable, modular front-end design methods and patterns eg BEM, ITCSS etc
- Experience with WordPress writing custom themes / templates would be an advantage
- Basic familiarity with git
We believe our websites should:
- Be a pleasure to use
- Be accessible
- Load quickly
- Be easy to maintain and develop
- Work well on the broadest range of browsers and devices
Working in our Brighton office, you’d be joining our development team of five (a designer & front-end developer, an application developer, two back-end developers and a mobile developer).
You would be working on our Musical School music-teaching product for schools, our VIP Studio Sessions website which helps young people create, produce and release music, our Musikpartner programme for Danish and Norwegian schools, and our music-hub partner sites such as Lancashire and BANES.
Our working environment (with lovely Brighton sea-front views!) is informal, fun and rewarding but its also very hardworking, deadline-driven and at times chaotic.
- Salary up to £23K p/a for the right candidate
- Twice-yearly bonus scheme
- Annual training budget of £500 to spend on conferences and courses
- 20 days annual leave, plus statutory UK holidays
Send us a covering email with your CV attached, ideally listing URLs of websites you have worked on, to email@example.com. No agencies please. No really.
If we shortlist you for interview, you will be expected to undertake some short technical tests as part of the application process.
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2016.